Why am I starting this blog

Financial markets interest me. Since I like to think about markets, I might as well put them down into writing.

I am helping myself by clarifying my own thoughts through writing. This one reason alone keeps me motivated to keep writing even if nobody reads this blog.

Trading and investing is a lonely venture. Humans are social creatures. No man is an island. Discussing my interest with like-minded people will make me a happier person. Hopefully, the same goes for the people who take the time to interact with me. Win-win situation.

My wife has zero interest in financial markets. I can't discuss markets with her. Fortunately, she tolerates me spending substantial time in financial markets because of the money it brings in so far. From time to time, losses are unavoidable but she is tolerant as long as there are profits over time.

Lastly, I plan to make some pocket money from this blog through product reviews, from products that I use and like myself. What I will not do is say nice things simply because I am paid to say nice things. Snake-oil salesmen make me uncomfortable. Making some pocket money will make it easier to justify this blog to my wife since it is going to take some of my time away from her.

This blog was originally started at https://market-observer.addvaluedonoevil.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranking of financial markets in 2023. My observations

Here are the results of financial markets that I tracked in 2023, using tools I developed for personal use. The links to the tools will be p...